- This event has passed.
Auld Lang Syne Fell Race
December 31, 2018 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Starting from Penistone Hill Country Park and heading towards Top Withens the upper reaches of Ponden Clough and Stanbury Moor.
Starting from the quarry bottom on Penistone, the route heads out along the Bronte Way then just past the ruins of Middle Intake Farm it turns right down the hillside to cross the beck. Its then up the inevitably muddy climb to reach the track continuing from Back Lane. Then its left, uphill on a good track, past Upper Heights farm and continuing on to the ruins of Top Withins. Go past and round to find the footpath that then leads to the summit of Delf Hill and the trig point. Here turn sharp right and begin to descend crossing some swampy ground to rejoin the outward path by a small stone bridge. Now retrace the route back towards the start. Just after you pass Middle Intake farm, bear right off the track and onto the path to take the shortest way back to the finish line on the cricket pitch.
Over 18’s only
Entry Cost £7
Teams (3) free
Bottle of Daleside Beer for all entrants
Free coffee and biscuits
Prize giving afterwards at the Sun Inn, free soup and roll.
Extensive prize list:
First 10 men and ladies
Top 3 Vets in each age category, 40, 50, 60, 70
Top 3 U21
1st Mens and Ladies team
One prize per person.
You need to be at the pub or you may miss out.
Estelle Willis 01535 637881 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre-entry only as there is a limit of 400 runners
- There will be no refunds and no transfers (and remember FRA rules require you to run under your own name!)
- The organisers reserve the right to reserve a small number of places for category winners from recent years.
- On the day of the race, your name will be checked against the pre-entry list and you will sign when you collect your number.
- Only registered runners may run in the race: it crosses private land with special permissions obtained
Cheques should be made payable to Wharfedale Harriers.